Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Intro

Sometimes I reflect back on my life and wonder how things have happened and how I end up where I am today.  Flying is one of those things that I simply don't fully know how I got to where I am.  I'm not a person to say that I always knew that I wanted to fly, but I knew that I wanted to get out of Central Ohio and do something more with myself than just become a factory worker.  Unlike most of my friends out of high school who would stay at home and help out while going to a below-average college or a community college and then go to a dead-end job, or just go straight to a dead-end job.

I didn't even get on an airplane until I was 16, when my Cross Country team went on a trip to run in New York City.  I slept for most of the flight, but when we started to get close to La Guardia we over flew part of the city and came in to land over water.  It was one of the most amazing feelings I have ever had in my life.  From then on I knew that I wanted to do something with flying.  When I went to a college recruiting event at a local college I met a recruiter for the Eagle Flight Center, and he talked to me about the program and I was hooked to come to Eastern to learn to fly. 

I have no idea what my plans are in the future, other than the fact that I know I just want to fly.  I have no clue as to what capacity I want to fly, as in airline, corporate, flight instructor, cargo, bush, or even an astronaut.  All I know is that I am open to any opportunities that come my way, and I look forward to see what the future will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment